Come visit the south coast and the vicinity of the unpronounceable Eyjafjallajökull volcano that erupted so memorably 2010. Why not do it in a Super Jeep to add on to the fun? You can also see stunni...
Buggy Original in Reykjavík Area
This guided tour is a unique way to enjoy Icelandic nature, yet starting off only 20 minutes from downtown Reykjavík. Have fun driving in nature and marvel at unique Icelandic landscapes in this exciting tour, including the formidable Esja mountain!
- Kistumelur 16, Reykjavík, Iceland
- 1 hour(s)
- 28/05/2018 - 31/12/2019
- Experience the rugged landscape of Mt Esja
- Challenge yourself to climb the hills in Buggy
- Have fun with splashing rivers
- Embark on a unique adventure with Buggy
- Water resistant overall
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick-up, unless specifically booked extra
- The tour departs from Kistumelur 16
- Please be at the meeting point 10 mins prior to the stated departure time
- From downtown Reykjavík, it is a 20-minute ride. You need to pass the small town of Mosfellsbær and as soon as you drive through the last roundabout it takes you only 3 more minutes until you reach our area of operations
- A printed copy of your voucher will need to be presented to your tour guide upon check-in for this tour
- The tour departs from Kistumelur 16
- All Buggy drivers must hold an international driving license and be 17 or older according to Icelandic law
- Please wear suitable shoes for the outdoors and warm clothing under the overall.
- Please arrive at Buggy base 10 minutes prior to set departure time
- Hotel transfers (if booked) begin 60 minutes prior to set departure time. It may take up to 30 minutes for us to arrive, so please be patient
- Age limit for passengers is 6 years
- It is good to bring extra clothes for after the tour, in case you get wet in all the water splashing fun!
Local operator information
Tourboks is a software company - by booking via Tourboks you are purchasing directly from Local operator. Upon purchase you will receive an invoice directly from the Local Operator and a voucher with the complete contact information of the Local Operator, including local telephone numbers at your destination. Our Product Team works hard on a daily basis to ensure we select only the most reliable operators in each destination.
- If cancelled or modified 1 day(s) before the event, 100% of the total cost will be charged.
Click on the map pins to see more detailsStarting Destination Meeting Point / Stop
To begin the tour, you will be strapped into a two-seat Buggy with your partner and prepare to overcome obstacles in the rugged landscape by the slopes of Esja mountain, climbing hills, running through river beds, and more. This is a specially designed tour for you, who crave bumpy, dusty, dirty driving thrills. No extra charge for dust, mud, water splashes, or even snow!
Our solid Buggies are equipped with 4-point harnesses for your safety and automatic transmission for driving ease. All you need are your spirit of adventure and a valid driving license
How It Works
1) Browse through our website and find something you want to do
2) For your own info, check whether the availability of the activity you have selected needs confirmation or not. You will find this info on the top of the activity page next to the activity name. This means that once you book this product, you will need to wait for up to 48 hours, while we are making sure that there is a spot available for you during the date and time you haverequested. You will only be charged, if the booking of your product will be successful (meaning if we find out that there are still places left at your selected dates). If we find out that the product is sold out, you will not be charged.
3) Tell us when you would like to do the activity you have selected and fill out all requested info on the page (how many people will you be, etc.)
4) Proceed to check out
5) Upon successful booking you will receive an invoice and a voucher. Please read the info on your voucher carefully. It contains important info on how to redeem it.
6) Keep your voucher and make sure you take it with you and you present it as requested on the voucher.
7) Let the activity begin!
Ask a question
You Might Also Like
Enjoy a tour at the unspoiled paradise of Thorsmork. Thorsmork lies in between mountains and glaciers carved out by extreme Icelandic weather and natural phenomena during centuries. Untouched and othe...
Discover Landmannalaugar nature reserve, the highland's hidden gem of Iceland. Bathe in Natural hot springs and discover the beauty of Icelandic nature. You will also marvel at the imposing Hekla volc...
The Golden Circle & Fridheimar Day Tour from Reykjavik takes you on a day trip to see the world-famous Geysir geothermal area and Gullfoss, the queen of Icelandic waterfalls, as well as the UNESCO sit...