What a better way to spend your day rather than taking an exciting getaway from Athens city and exploring one of Attica’s best wineries and its 4000 years history of wine making? This half-day tour will take you on an e......
Delphi Day Tour from Athens
The tour will depart from Athens and take guests to Delphi for a one day expedition to explore one of the most famous archaeological sites in Greece. Marvel at the ancient beauty, see the incredible Athenian Treasure, the city of Theva, the birthplace of King Oedipus and the beautiful Arachova.
- Pickup from hotel or nearest pick up point, Athens, Greece
- 10 hour(s)
- 01/01/2017 - 30/12/2017
- Explore the Castalia spring
- Enjoy a professional, guided tour of the Temple of Apollo and the well-known Oracle
- See the incredible Athenian Treasure
- Learn all the history with the guided tour of Delphi Museum
- Enjoy an optional lunch in a traditional restaurant
- Wander around the charming and picturesque village of Arachova
- Transport by bus (equipped with air-condition)
- Pick up from hotel or the nearest pick up point
- Professional and licensed guide
- Delphi entrance fees (12.00 euro p/p)
- All taxes
- Free WiFi on coaches
- Gratuities (optional)
- Drinks and beverages
- Child seat during transfer if / when applicable
Pick up from hotel or the nearest pick up point is included in this tour. You will need to provide your hotel info during check out. If you haven’t booked a hotel yet and you wish a hotel pick up (from a hotel in Athens) you will need to provide it after purchase.
- The weather in Greece will be mostly warm in the daytime, but could be a bit cool at night. You are strongly advised to wear comfortable walking shoes and clothes as well as sun protective clothing for day trips.
- Pick up from hotel or the nearest pick up point is included in this tour. You will need to provide your hotel info during check out. If you haven’t booked a hotel yet and you wish a hotel pick up (from a hotel in Athens) you will need to provide it after purchase.
- Pick up time is between 7.10 - 8.10 am. The local operator will inform you the exact time a day in advance.
- After the tour you will be dropped off at your hotel or nearby appointed location prior service.
- An extra fee of Euros 7.00 could apply for infants and children for special car seats to be paid on the spot/ to the local operator. Please check with us in case you accompany a child or infant.
Local operator information
Tourboks is a software company - by booking via Tourboks you are purchasing directly from Local operator. Upon purchase you will receive an invoice directly from the Local Operator and a voucher with the complete contact information of the Local Operator, including local telephone numbers at your destination. Our Product Team works hard on a daily basis to ensure we select only the most reliable operators in each destination.
Please note, that cancellations are not possible for this item. If cancelled or modified or in case of no-show, the total price of this booking will be charged.
Click on the map pins to see more detailsStarting Destination Meeting Point / Stop
You will kick start your Delphi day tour towards Mt. Parnassos, making a short stopover outside the town of Livadia, which is famous for the production of brightly colored carpets. You will then continue the journey to Delphi.
After passing by the famous Castalia Spring, you will visit the archaeological site and view the monument of the Argive Kings, the treasury of the Athenians, the Athenian Stoa, the Polygonal Wall, the monument of Platea and the Temple of Apollo, famous for its oracle. Afterwards, you will enjoy a guided tour of Delphi museum, which is the home to spectacular relics from 15th century BC to 4th century AD. You can expect to find treasures like the Naxian Sphinx, the famous bronze Charioteer of Delphi and many more.
After lunch, we will return to Athens and visit the charming mountain village of Arachova on our way. We will stop at this village briefly and you can shop for the famous, hand-woven carpets or even enjoy the great taste of wine and cheese it has to offer.
How It Works
1) Browse through our website and find something you want to do
2) For your own info, check whether the availability of the activity you have selected needs confirmation or not. You will find this info on the top of the activity page next to the activity name. This means that once you book this product, you will need to wait for up to 48 hours, while we are making sure that there is a spot available for you during the date and time you haverequested. You will only be charged, if the booking of your product will be successful (meaning if we find out that there are still places left at your selected dates). If we find out that the product is sold out, you will not be charged.
3) Tell us when you would like to do the activity you have selected and fill out all requested info on the page (how many people will you be, etc.)
4) Proceed to check out
5) Upon successful booking you will receive an invoice and a voucher. Please read the info on your voucher carefully. It contains important info on how to redeem it.
6) Keep your voucher and make sure you take it with you and you present it as requested on the voucher.
7) Let the activity begin!
Ask a question
My Tourboks is your interactive wishlist. Let's create & name a new Tourboks!
You Might Also Like
Are you in Athens, looking for an authentic & refreshing getaway from the city center? This tour will take you on an unforgettable experience in the beautiful Attica South coastal zone, including a wine tour in a......
This half-day morning Athens sightseeing and Acropolis tour will take you to all the famous sites of ancient and modern Athens. See the best of a beautiful city in a tour that is a must for the first-timers to......
This four day classical tour from Athens will cover all the top UNESCO-listed heritage sites and museums in Epidaurus, Mycenae, Nafplion, Olympia, and Delphi. Enjoy a tour in history and marvel at the glorious......