Take the ultimate day tour of Scotland and see for yourself if the Loch Ness Monster is lurking under the water! Covering over 500 km in one day, you will see some of the most amazing scenery Scotland...
Loch Ness, Glencoe & The Highlands from Edinburgh
Enjoy a full day taking in some of the most dramatic scenery of the Scottish Highlands. The tour visits magnificent Glencoe and enjoy options for a 'Loch Ness by Jacobite' cruise and a visit to Urquhart Castle.
- 521 Lawnmarket, The Royal Mile, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- Mandarin, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- 12 hour(s),30 minute(s)
- 01/01/2017 - 31/03/2019
- Explore the variety of landscapes in Scotland
- Learn about the Highland Cows
- Visit the famous massacre of Glencoe
- Chance to walk around Loch Ness with relaxing cruise
- Knowledgeable Driver-Guide
- Luxury modern air-conditioned coach
- Written translations (on request)
- Entrance to attractions
- Food and drink
Meeting Point: Outside the green Ensign Ewart pub (Address: 521-523 Lawnmarket, Edinburgh, EH1 2PE). The departure time is 8:00 a.m.
- For cancellations made more than 72 hrs before departure, a full refund will be given less an administration fee of 10%.
- For cancellations made less than 72 hrs before departure, there will be no refund. Customers will be placed on standby for a period of 12 months.
- The minimum age of joining this tour is 5 years old.
- The departure time is 8:00 a.m.
- We kindly ask all passengers to ensure they are at this location 15 minutes prior to departure.
Local operator information
Tourboks is a software company - by booking via Tourboks you are purchasing directly from Local operator. Upon purchase you will receive an invoice directly from the Local Operator and a voucher with the complete contact information of the Local Operator, including local telephone numbers at your destination. Our Product Team works hard on a daily basis to ensure we select only the most reliable operators in each destination.
- If cancelled or modified 3 day(s) before the event, 100% of the total cost will be charged.
Click on the map pins to see more detailsStarting Destination Meeting Point / Stop
We travel northwest, passing Stirling Castle, on our way to Kilmahog. Here we stop for some refreshments and the chance to see some Highland cattle up close. We travel on through Rob Roy Country of Clans MacGregor and Campbell then over Rannoch Moor and the Black Mount to Glencoe, Scotland’s most famous glen, site of the 1692 massacre of the Clan MacDonald, where we pause for a photo stop.
Continuing via Loch Linnhe, we stop in the Fort William area for lunch then continue into the natural beauty of the Great Glen as we pass beneath Britain’s highest mountain, Ben Nevis. We then admire the Caledonian Canal and the pretty village of Fort Augustus, enjoying views of Loch Ness, as we drive along the shoreline to Urquhart Castle.
Loch Ness is most famous for its sightings of “Nessie” the Loch Ness monster! Spend around 2 hours at Loch Ness, where you can choose to take a lovely cruise and explore the ruins of Urquhart Castle.
Passing through Inverness, the tour will start its return, crossing the Grampian Mountains and the woodland scenery of Perthshire, including the Forest of Atholl, with a refreshment stop at the Victorian resort town of Pitlochry, en route back to Edinburgh.
How It Works
1) Browse through our website and find something you want to do
2) For your own info, check whether the availability of the activity you have selected needs confirmation or not. You will find this info on the top of the activity page next to the activity name. This means that once you book this product, you will need to wait for up to 48 hours, while we are making sure that there is a spot available for you during the date and time you haverequested. You will only be charged, if the booking of your product will be successful (meaning if we find out that there are still places left at your selected dates). If we find out that the product is sold out, you will not be charged.
3) Tell us when you would like to do the activity you have selected and fill out all requested info on the page (how many people will you be, etc.)
4) Proceed to check out
5) Upon successful booking you will receive an invoice and a voucher. Please read the info on your voucher carefully. It contains important info on how to redeem it.
6) Keep your voucher and make sure you take it with you and you present it as requested on the voucher.
7) Let the activity begin!
Ask a question
My Tourboks is your interactive wishlist. Let's create & name a new Tourboks!
You Might Also Like
An incredible chance to view the lochs and castles of the Scottish Highlands. From a short but comprehensive tour of Glasgow to the charming Loch Lomond and the imposing castle of Doune or the Willia...
Travel through the Scottish countryside and enjoy some of the most prominent landmarks of an area teeming with history. Beautiful views, historical relics, and picturesque towns are the components of ...
Doune Castle, Loch Lomond & The Western Highlands Exploration from Edinburgh United Kingdom, Edinburgh
“This tour is ideal for those who wish to enjoy beautiful scenery and see some of Scotland’s most famous Castles” See Mountains, Castles, Waterfalls, Wildlife and listen to the stories and history fro...