The Music of a romantic Italian Night (famous Opera arias and Neapolitan songs), followed by a typical Tuscan Dinner. A true Italian-style evening dedicated to the discovery of Tuscan cuisine and the ...
The Essence of Tuscany: Chianti Classico, Montalcino & Montepulciano from Florence
Explore the heart of Tuscany by joining us on this amazing tour: The Essence of Tuscany: Chianti Classico, Montalcino & Montepulciano from Florence. Visit Tuscany's medieval villages and beautiful countryside and taste world famous wines and delicious local products.
- Piazza Della Repubblica, Florence , Florence, Italy
- 11 hour(s)
- 21/12/2017 - 31/10/2018
- Join this one day tour The Essence of Tuscany: Chianti Classico, Montalcino & Montepulciano from Florence and get to know all Tuscany has to offer
- Visit Tuscany's countryside and well-known towns, including Greve, Castellina, Montalcino, Monteriggioni and Val d'Orcia
- Taste A Variety of Tuscan Wines and local products
- Hotel Pick Up for Those Staying at Hotels in the Old Town
- Transportation in a Luxury Minivan
- English Speaking Driver-Guide
- Guided wine and oil tasting of Chianti
- Guided Lunch-Tasting of Montalcino, Brunello, Supertuscan Red Wines and Local Products
- Tasting of the Nobile di Montepulciano Wine
- Food & Beverages other than stated
The tour departs from Piazza Della Repubblica, in front of the Caffè Gilli, Florence or alternatively, you will be picked up from your hotel if you would like to. Please arrive 5 minutes before departure time.
- Tour starting point is Piazza Della Repubblica, in front of the Caffè Gilli, Florence. Free Hotel pickup is available for this tour. Please provide the name and address of your hotel during checkout. In case you haven’t booked a hotel yet, please contact the local operator as soon as you book it.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 5 minutes before the tour begins, if you have not chosen to be picked up from your hotel.
- The driver-guide leads the Tour providing general introductory information. He is not allowed to lead a guided visit inside a city centre,nor to provide historical and artistic information inside museums or churches.
Local operator information
Tourboks is a software company - by booking via Tourboks you are purchasing directly from Local operator. Upon purchase you will receive an invoice directly from the Local Operator and a voucher with the complete contact information of the Local Operator, including local telephone numbers at your destination. Our Product Team works hard on a daily basis to ensure we select only the most reliable operators in each destination.
- If cancelled or modified 2 day(s) before the event, 100% of the total cost will be charged.
Click on the map pins to see more detailsStarting Destination Meeting Point / Stop
Departing from Florence you can enter the heart of real Tuscany with its medieval villages of incomparable charm. Ancient farming traditions that produce wine, cheese, cold cuts and excellent meat are still used here lending to their world-wide reputation. The beauty of the landscape shows harmoniously how nature and man have lived together for centuries in an unbeatable balance. Travel through hilly stretches of old vineyards and olive groves, which characterize the splendid Chianti territory.
Reach Greve where you will enjoy the charm of its historic square flanked by open galleries. Wander around the characteristic shops selling local handicrafts and traditional Chianti products. Continue to Castellina, a characteristic ancient hamlet perched on a hill, where we will visit an evocative and historic cellar. Just outside the village, in one of the most famous vineyards of the area, you will be guided through a tasting of different Chianti area wines, extra virgin olive oil on Tuscan bread, vin santo with locally produced "cantuccini" and lavender honey.
Driving along a panoramic road, admire the picturesque village of Monteriggioni, a small medieval jewel still surrounded by its ancient walls. Further on it’s the unmistakable clay landscape of Crete Senesi, a hilly, desert territory that arouses unforgettable feelings. We will continue until reaching an area that contrasts completely the Crete territory. Immerse yourself in the green Val d’Orcia, a UNESCO heritage site, whose harmonious landscape of hills is dotted with cypress, castles, churches, ancient villages of Etruscan origin and farms that accompany the route of the famous "Via Francigena." Here, at a historic farm, you will be served a guided lunch tasting of the renowned Rosso di Montalcino, Brunello and Super Tuscan wines as well as a large selection of local products from the territory. For dessert enjoy a delicious homemade fruit pie. All this is followed by a visit to the cellars and some leisure time to enjoy the nature.
Our next stop will be at the medieval village of Montalcino whose surrounding walls and towers make this imposing fourteenth-century fortress the perfect place for beautiful views of Val d´Orcia. Montalcino has also narrow streets with dozens of wineries and artisans´ shops selling local products.
Our final stop will be only a short panoramic journey away to Montepulciano, a city enclosed by fortified walls perched on a hill 1,968 feet above sea level between Val d´Orcia and Val di Chiana. The town is renowned for its Noble wine obtained from the surrounding vineyards. Take a walk along the steep streets. Pass elegant squares as you admire splendid Renaissance buildings and churches. Visit one of the many wine cellars of the old town to taste delicious wine.
How It Works
1) Browse through our website and find something you want to do
2) For your own info, check whether the availability of the activity you have selected needs confirmation or not. You will find this info on the top of the activity page next to the activity name. This means that once you book this product, you will need to wait for up to 48 hours, while we are making sure that there is a spot available for you during the date and time you haverequested. You will only be charged, if the booking of your product will be successful (meaning if we find out that there are still places left at your selected dates). If we find out that the product is sold out, you will not be charged.
3) Tell us when you would like to do the activity you have selected and fill out all requested info on the page (how many people will you be, etc.)
4) Proceed to check out
5) Upon successful booking you will receive an invoice and a voucher. Please read the info on your voucher carefully. It contains important info on how to redeem it.
6) Keep your voucher and make sure you take it with you and you present it as requested on the voucher.
7) Let the activity begin!
Ask a question
My Tourboks is your interactive wishlist. Let's create & name a new Tourboks!
You Might Also Like
This bike tour is the new, smart and easy way to discover the entire Florence and the hills of Fiesole, Piazzale Michelangelo and San Miniato al Monte. Embark on an adventure with a mixture of art, la...
Discover the marvelous “David” by Michelangelo in the workd famous Accademia Gallery and the not-to-be-missed monuments in the heart of Florence including Duomo, Ponte Vecchio, Piazza Signoria, Palazz...
Led by a passionate and professional guide, you will discover the touching beauty of Venus by Botticelli and the not-to-be-missed monuments in the heart of Florence such as Duomo, Ponte Vecchio, Piaz...